Monday, April 29, 2019

Update on Cross Stitch

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

 السلام عليكم


 So I know this is gonna be a short post, for 2 reasons.

1. Because I kind of miss the short 5-minute posts. I'll try and do more of them soon inshaa Allaah!
2. Because I have no time, I want to do a quick painting (coming up soon inshaa Allaah).

So to get on,
I've finished quite a lot of the pattern. I'm trying to figure out HOW to start on the leaves, what a nightmare. I'm sure I'll make a load of mistakes, and I don't even know how I'm gonna get it done before Eid, because I want to send my grandma a picture of the completed pattern - she'll be so happy inshaa Allaah!

I did one easy leaf yesterday, and today I did the outline (stem) of a leaf and a bigger bud, if you can guess what THAT means.
Believe it or not, I took these pictures in absolute sunlight, the sunlight of Qatar, which, in summer is pretty hot. It doesn't look bright though.

And this is a view from another angle:
And I have this left to finish:

One that I'm particularly happy with is the pink rose that looks so bright and... well, happy.
This is where I keep my piles of floss - which is only the beginning of it. Am I being too mysterious? Well, perphaps but it shall be revealed quite soon inshaa Allaah.

And now if I pack it up, this is how it looks.
Sloppy, but it's fine - I keep it away from Ramlah. If you have little siblings and you are doing some kind of handicraft, PLEASE do remember to keep your tools, your work and your everything UP and AWAY from them.



So that's quite it...

And inshaa Allaah see you next post!
Maimoonah

3 comments:

Crafty Muslimahs said...

Masha'Allah, it already looks so lovely! Roughly how long did it take you to do?

Maimoonah said...

Jazzakillaah Khayr! It took me about three months, but since I was sick half the time I didn't get to work on it properly. My best was one and a half big leaves per day. The thing that takes a long time is to tie the knot (because I am very not methodical, I use knots)!

It's much easier to do stamped cross stitch, I think, but I don't want to really try it, I prefer using a blank as maybe that it is cheaper?

This IS a long comment, lol.

Maimoonah

Anonymous said...

This is MaashaaAllah realy good. It's gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...