Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Book Recommendation #1

 
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم


السلام عليكم

Image result for book recommendation
I have decided to make a Book Recommendation Series, uh, every month? Maybe every two weeks as I cannot remember every single book I have read... Plus it's just not book recommending, it's also reviews! If you want to find more of these Book Recommendations *If you are reading this a month later, then click on the tag 'Book Recommendations'.

Book #1

The Boxcar Children


 

Image result for the boxcar children book 1

The Aldens begin their adventure by making a home in a boxcar. Their goal is to stay together, and in the process they find a grandfather.

This was my all-time favourite when I was about 6 or 7 years old. This is dedicated to grades 2 to 6 and older children who have difficulty in reading, yet want a longer story to read without struggling.
The author didn't mean to write a whole series, but more and more letters from her fans made her reconsider it. The story was set in... well I don't know, but it's almost a hundred years old, I think.
Caution, the original series are only up to 19 books! The others are more... modern, I feel. I don't know why, but reading the non-originals made me NOT satisfied and very uncomfortable.

I would recommend this ages 6+.


Book #2



Black Beauty

Image result for black beauty oxford 

 Black Beauty spends his youth in a loving home, surrounded by friends and cared for by his owners. But when circumstances change, he learns that not all humans are so kind. Passed from hand to hand, Black Beauty witnesses love and cruelty, wealth and poverty, friendship and hardship . . . Will the handsome horse ever find a happy and lasting home?

 I have had this book for many, many years! I cannot count the number of times I have read it, nor can I count the times I have looked at the cover illustration. I loved every paragraph of it!
It is meant for older children or very young adults. I suppose the age is... hmm, 8-13 but... the full version IS very sad, so if you're looking for a normal, no tears (not that anyone cried) book, then the book for you is the shorter version. I recommend Ladybird Classics. I have both short version and long version Alhamdulillaah. Note: this book is VERY old. Probably in the late 18th century.

The age I will recommend this is 7 to 12.


Book #3

The Adventure Series
Image result for the adventure series by enid blyton 

The Adventure Series by Enid Blyton, an English children's author, is a series of eight children's novels. These books feature the same child characters: Philip, Jack, Dinah, and Lucy-Ann, along with several adult characters. Jack's pet parrot, Kiki, is also a standard feature in each novel.

These books are great favourites of mine. I used to read two novels per day... until I ran out of books. This is appropriate for all ages. I believe Enid Blyton hasn't written any non-appropriate books, except for magic. I think the reason why it's called the adventure series is because after every word 'ship' 'sea' 'island' there are two words 'of adventure'.
I recommend reading them in order, but you don't really need to. You can read the first book, then the last book, then the fifth book, and so on in this order. 
I think a good age for these novelettes is 9+, as younger readers might not understand the plots fully. No, I'm not being negative! : )


Well, that's it for now, 3 or 4 books coming up next two weeks inshaa Allaah!

Try to guess what the next post will be about! Hint: it is something handmade yet looks machinemade.


Assalaamu Alaikum
Maimoonah T
 

4 comments:

Vinter Vejn said...

Ooh, I love the Adventure Series! Our parrot is called Kiki after Jack's Parrot :)

Maimoonah Thadhani said...

I thought so lol

Crafty Muslimahs said...

When I was younger Enid Blyton was my favourite author! We still have lots of her books, including this series. Have you read the Secret Seven series?
And to Vinter Vejn: OMG you have a parrot! I really love birds and have always wanted a parrot(a Macaw to be exact). What breed is yours?

- Hanifah

Umm Maimoonah said...

I think I have read EVERY SINGLE BOOK by Enid Blyton!!
And I think she has an African grey parrot. They are the ones who can learn sentences better? Don't ask me - I'm no expert on birds... lol

Maimoonah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...