Thursday, March 07, 2019

Gift Ideas (Ramadhaan & Eid) #1


بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 

 السلام عليكم

Image result for handmade quotes what is better

How true is that!? 
 
 Ramadhaan is just around the corner - 2 months away, and well, a few of these projects can take months if you are very busy. 

I have a few Ramadhaan-friendly gift ideas below. Ready?



Umm Maimoonah's Ramadhaan Pack

Yes, this is my mother's own work! Alhamdulillaah many people are ordering this.
  Though this does say Ramadhaan 2017, it can be used any year - Ramadhaan never changes.
As described, $50 per child. All the images are books and quiz cards etc etc. This is approximately for kids ages 9-16+.

This would make a perfect gift for a little Muslim or Muslimah. More details about each image here.

Umm Maimoonah's Ramadhaan Reminders
 
And yes, this is another Ramadhaan pack by Ummi! BUT, BUT, BUT, it is for kids ages 5-9! 

$25 per license, and......
Pack includes -  Digital Downloads - PDF Documents

1. Fasting in the Month of Ramadhaan - Booklet - A4 Size 13 Pages
2. Ramadhaan Activity Pack - Part 1  - A4 Size 95 Pages
3. Ramadhaan Activity Pack - Part - 2 - A4 Size 82 Pages


Umm Maimoonah's Ramadhaan Activity Packs (2012) 










This was when I was very small, around... hmm.. 5 years old.
Here is the link to the full blog post, and well, read the whole post. And I can't believe this: 47 comments on her post!!

That's all from the Ramadhaan posts I can find. Inshaa Allaah more will be coming in Ramadhaan!

GIFT IDEAS FOR EID

 Cross Stitch

Image result for cross stitch

This might be hard but it is worth the effort. I want to finish my cross stitch pattern before Eid, frame it and send it to my grandmother, who will be so pleased inshaa Allaah. She has always wanted me (and Ummi) to take up sewing. Ummi hasn't been able to - her hands sweat a lot (so do mine but not so much). So I showed her so far what I made (1/3rd) and she was like, who's work is this?? Haha!
This is the cross stitch pattern I am doing.
Though it doesn't really look nice (dull colors), I am not using the same colors. My around-six-year-old embroidery floss are a lot - sent by a nice sister (I forgot where) - and it looks something like this! Watch the whole video for the cross stitch pattern.
And this was done about two weeks ago.


Beads

This is for toddlers! Little ones love sorting and talking (in Ramlah's case) about their beads. If you can trust your two (or three!) year old, you can give him/her a pouch full of beads. I got some many years ago and now handed them down to Ramlah!!


Giving some beads and observing a 2 year old is such an amazing experience . Alhamdulillaah. They come up with so many things to do with it. Ramlah is counting, feeling the texture, collecting some . trying to find same colors to match, she is sorting as per her rules and desires, giving some live commentary as to what she is doing with the beads. Using her imagination and coming up with her own games to play. I am only observing. Sitting next to her. She loves that I am watching her. And she is exploring. Learning does not have to be a curriculum but not knowing what you need to facilitate is what most sisters are struggling with. Actually curriculum packs are not for young children rather they are for mums and teachers. This is one reason that I am hoping to have the upcoming workshop for mums "what to teach children ages 2 to 5. Link in bio to register.
A post shared by Umm Maimoonah's Journal (@ummmaimoonah) on

Though WARNING, a parent needs to be around when kids play with beads.

Help this Book by Maimoonah Thadhani

.......By me.




I think this would make a great gift for those who struggle with their creativity. Age group? Well, there is no age limit. I think 4+ would like it. But those who would really appreciate it might be the age group 9+.
The link to download the Help this Book

How to bind the book. This is an example of how you need to fold the pages. Always, always make sure the book's spine consists of the thinner pages etc, the ends of each page. The ends of each page must be always two, and the reason why I DIDN'T make it like the real books is that when you're doing art and watercolor painting, the other side of the page might get soaked - one paper is not thick enough to stop that. That's why the pages need to be... yes! Doubled, that was the word I was looking for. Oh and, tip? I didn't have black ink so I did the cover in blue and white. Print cover separately on card stock (not too thick not too thin) and in black and white for a fully customizable cover.

Cushions
 Image result for crochet cushion
Cushions aren't hard to make but they do take a lot of your time. Why? Well, because.... we are using the CROCHET method.

Do a chain stitch, then any of the stitches, Tunisian stitch, single stitch, double stitch, or triple stitch. I usually do single stitch but I'm thinking of doing double or triple for my friend. Make sure to use baby-safe yarn if you are planning to give it to a baby. I learned yarn can be very expensive in Qatar. The local sewing store here is called Today's Fashion. And it's SO expensive! But I want to go to... maybe Rawnaq Textile Store. They might have yarn that is inexpensive.

 Well that's it for this post: this took me an hour. How long does it take YOU??

Maimoonah

2 comments:

Crafty Muslimahs said...

Masha'Allah for all the different suggestions. Never tried Cross Stitching before, but it looks really nice. Maryam has tried embroidery which was great fun, but that was a long time ago. We love making handmade gifts for each other, which usually takes us a couple of months to finish, so we'd better get started!

Maimoonah said...

Jazzakallaah Khayr for the comment!!

You should give it a try! It is SO relaxing especially when you finish it with the intention of actually finishing it! (This is my first actually big cross stitch piece)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...