Friday, February 01, 2019

TIC TAC TOE - How to sew a game

 
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم
 
Are you ready for the final, tested Tic Tac Toe game that I made?
 
 
 
Well...
 
First I made the plan. Oh, um, I meant LAST I made the plan. I like mental figuring-out and mental maths (though I don't like maths at all), so well, if you're like me, please go by my instructions, you don't want to end up like me - I had to rip out a whole square of what I'd sewed - just BECAUSE I DID NOT THINK THINGS OUT CLEARLY. 
 
Sorry for the shouting, but just letting you know with sewing, there are specific rules to follow, and rules you can totally ignore as well.
 
Here is the plan, hope you can read my terrible writing - even I can't read my writing if I visit it about a few days after I've written it. Oh and by the way, this is scheduled. I actually am so late for everything, for this once - I'm going to be on time... inshaa Allaah.
 
Oh, what was I saying?
Oh yup. I hope you can read my terrible plan writing:
 

Uhhhh, I actually don't think you can, it's not very clear.

Basically you want to take two sheets of *fleece as, fleece doesn't fray easily - plus it's SOFT.
 
I chose a VERY light brown color, but you can choose any light color - cut it into a big square, **Alert mine was more like a rectangle than a square - don't make the same mistake I did**, you can do it almost any size you like. I am not going to measure it... or am I?

Okay - I got the tape measure and measured it. Almost one foot. Whoops!! I forgot to take measurements with inches haha, but it doesn't matter.

The little beanbags are 3 inches - supposedly 3 inches each but it was kinda hard to sew because my hands were sweating, no I'm not hot thank you.

You want to cut 3 inches and one centimeter if you want something that will fit into the squares easily.

First, to prepare the beanbags

I used yellow and blue. You can use any other two colors, just don't use white if you have white fleece. 

The beanbags look like this:
And please don't make this mistake. They are all different sizes - one tiny one big and one left over. I made 5 of each color, meaning one is left over - whoever goes first will use up their colors while the one that goes second will have one left over.

Sides with backstitch as shown in the plan

Turn inside out, stuff with beads/expired rice, then whipstitch the top closed.

Do this x10.

To make the board,

Two feet long x one foot wide fleece OR TWO one foot long x one foot wide fleece.
Stuffing/cotton (not very much)
Thread (Brown would do)
Needle
Endless patience
Pins

1. Put the two sides together/fold the two long ends together, then pin them carefully.
2. Draw your Tic Tac Toe lines with tailors chalk. You want 9 equal squares.
3. Thread your needle, then sew the edge that is closest to you with running stitch (if you have folded over, make sure you don't sew the folded end)
4. Look at the plan to see the order I put it in (don't believe the plan, I did not put it in that order and I ended up using my seam ripper)
5. Take a small ball of cotton/stuffing and spread it out thin. Sew the first square, but before you sew the whole square, take the stuffing/cotton and carefully stuff it inside the square. Sew the little square up.
6. Repeat step 5 x9.
7. Sew all edges when done with running stitch.
8. Finished!

This took me two hours to finish, and one hour sewing the beanbags. 
Whew! But mashaa Allaah it was very worth it!

Alhamdulillaah I can introduce Ramlah to Tic Tac Toe without her destroying the board!

By the way, you can post comments in the comment section below sending me a link to a certain craft (it could be your own too) so I can review it and give my experience making it lol! And obviously tips and tricks.

Inshaa Allaah see you next time I post!


السلام عليكم
Maimoonah

4 comments:

Hafsa said...

Asalamu alaykum

My name is Hafsa, and I'm 12.

I found your blog when my mum showed me your crocheted cushion on instagram.
I think you should try and make felt foods that require machine sewing, I know you don'thave a sewing machine. well, neither do I.

Is it possible to sew with my hand instead of the machine? Please do try it as I have a little one year old brother and want to know if I can make these for him.

H. C

Maimoonah Thadhani said...

Wa alaikum salaam, Hafsa.

Mashaa Allaah, I hope you are enjoying my blog so far.

Well, about the felt foods, I actually HAVE done some before, I made a felt hamburger. It didn't require machine sewing at all - in fact I did the whole thing with whip stitch.

You USUALLY can bend the rules - whenever I find a good project that requires machine sewing I just hand sew everything. It actually takes a lot of time, but I think it's worth it!

I'll look for some instructions for felt foods inshaa Allaah

Maimoonah

Crafty Muslimahs said...

Wait, this was posted on Friday?! For some reason we thought it was going up on Saturday(no idea how). We just realised we have the same strawberry printed felt; but only the yellow one. I think we used it to make a dress for a felt rabbit we made ages ago.

Masha'Allah, we really like the craft, maybe we'll make one too someday! Only we might be a little too old to play it(Sumayyah's the youngest and she's 11). Maybe we can make it as a gift for our little cousin.

Maimoonah Thadhani said...

(face-palm) I was wondering when someone would realize that! I did schedule it for 2nd Feb but I didn't realize it had been scheduled for 1st Feb - until I saw the post myself! LOL!

I saw that post too! I have blue, yellow and pink - except they are finishing fast!
Inshaa Allaah, let me know how it turns out when you do .

Maimoonah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...