Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Freebies

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
السلام عليكم
 
 
So the whole day I've been searching for free things, etc, free video editing, free logo maker. Well......
 
....................
 
......................
 
...I got nothing, period.
 
So I do know a lot of free sites, but Abi says 'Don't trust these free sites too much,' so, yes. Be very careful about handing out personal info to strangers!
  So (so, so, just so) I know a good logo maker which does have a kind of a plan. It's this.
And, you don't HAVE to sign up, nor do you have to pay for download. That - is my favourite out of the whole list of free logo making sites. And credit to Zainab E. who showed me the site : )
 
And there's Wix.com, I suppose most of you know it. It has a plan but, you know, I think you can live with the limitations, it's not as if you have to pay. It's my favourite website-making site.

And Weebly. I remember doing it as an 8 year old, yet there's another problem. Paying plans, yessss. But you need to verify it with a phone number, and I know most of you who are homeschooled don't have phones. You could use your parent's phone, but you must ask them before borrowing!

Have you heard of Internet Archive? Well, it's a place where you can read free books - unlimited! It's a non profit organization. They ask for loans every year, and this year's goal was 3 million USD I think. It's my favourite out of the lot. It works just like a real library, and it has a better place, same people, same books, same everything - The Open Library! Be sure to check it out, and avoid unislaamic content in both.
 
Project Gutenberg WAS, and WAS, my all-time favourite when I was smaller. I still love the books, but I find them sometimes too childish, except for the Bobbsey Twins - I shall never grow out of them inshaa Allaah! 

And Goanwap - there's only one problem. It doesn't work in the U.K. It does work in the Middle East, and probably in the U.S. I don't know about the world, but U.K certainly doesn't work - many people said that. If you don't know, there are only a few series - Almost all of Enid Blyton, and all of Nancy Drew - I only like the originals, Sherlock Holmes - OOOOH I LOVE THOSE SERIES, Hardy Boys - beware of nonislaamic content in all these series - and my favourite - The Three Investigators. I suggest you check these out - tell me what you think! 

Well, that's all I can think of - those are quite reliable, here's the number of years I've been using these for -

LogoMakr - 4 yrs 0 months
Wix - 3 yrs 7 months
Weebly - 1 yr 2 months
Internet Archive - 1 yr 6 months
Project Gutenberg - 4 yrs 5 months
Goanwap - 2 yrs - 6 months
 
Those are the sites that are tried and tested - do you know anymore? Comment below - remember free stuff! If you do know any free BOOK sites, I WILL BE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT - ALERT!

See you later Inshaa Allaah -

Maimoonah

3 comments:

Vinter Vejn said...

I know Wix, but I don't use it.
I've already grown out of Bobbsey Twins.

Umm Maimoonah said...

Last year you were all over Wix LOL!
Some adults like Bobbsey Twins too. Also, I have an old 60-70-year-old Bobbsey Twins book dated 1945! Am fascinated by it lol

Vinter Vejn said...

That's the year WWII ended! That's a long time ago...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...